Mini Apple Donuts
- 1/4 cup of lightly packed brown sugar (140)
- 1/4 cup of white sugar (194)
- 1 1/2 cups of finely diced apples, peeled and cored (86)
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour (683)
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder (8)
- 1/2 tsp salt (0)
- 1 tsp nutmeg (12)
- 1/3 cup of chilled unsweetened applesauce (35)
- 1 egg (63)
- 1/4 cup of milk (31)
Preheat your oven to 350F. Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugars, salt and and nutmeg in a bowl. Add the chilled applesauce. Mix the applesauce with the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg. Mix in the milk and fold in the chopped apples. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir using a spatula or spoon making sure not to overmix. Place a spoonful of batter into each mold of a buttered mini donut pan (Note: If you do not have one of these, mini muffin pans work fine, too!)
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the donuts are just golden. Remove from the oven, unmold and serve immediately.
Nutritional information (per one mini donut): 53 calories, 0g total fat